|FIRST DEPUTY CHAIR:||Zovko, Ljilja|
|SECOND DEPUTY CHAIR:||Šepić, Senad|
The Chapter of the Global Organization of Parliamentarians against Corruption (GOPAC) in the Parliamentary Assembly of Bosnia and Herzegovina (PABiH) has constituted on 9 December 2016 with the signing of the Charter of GOPAC PABiH by the members of Parliament of the both Houses of PABiH.
GOPAC PABiH is a non-partisan parliamentary group, operating on the principle of voluntariness, democracy, transparency and non-discrimination on any grounds. GOPAC PABiH brings together parliamentarians and other stakeholders to combat corruption, improve transparency and accountability within the institutions of Bosnia
The objective of the Charter of the GOPAC PABiH is prevention and combating corruption, promoting the principle of transparency and accountability in order to ensure high standards of integrity, in particular:
- to fulfil the objectives of the Global GOPAC relating to the establishment of standards of conduct designed to promote transparency, accountability and good governance,
- to promote the rule of law and the accountability of government institutions in BiH,
- to develop capacity of the Parliamentary Assembly of Bosnia and Herzegovina (hereinafter: PABiH) so as to strengthen its control function and democratic oversight of institutions of the executive branch at the level of BiH,
- to facilitate the exchange of information, knowledge, best practice and experience among members of the GOPAC PABiH on anti-corruption measures,
- to encourage parliamentarians of both houses of the PABiH to enact legislation that promotes transparency, accountability and good governance,
- to promote measures aimed at dealing effectively with corruption and to raise general awareness on the issue of corruption at all levels of society,
- to educate parliamentarians of the PABiH on the existence, nature and ways of prevention and combating corruption,
- to work for the improvement of the capacities of BiH institutions to deal effectively with corruption,
- cooperation with national and regional bodies in the mobilisation of resources for anti-corruption programmes,
- all other things as are conducive to promoting and supporting the realisation of the GOPAC objectives.
The GOPAC PABiH has its Executive Committee which is composed of Chair, First and Second deputy Chair, from the ranks of the three constituent peoples in BiH. According the Charter, Chair and the First Deputy Chair cannot be members of the same House of the PABiH. Members of the Executive Committee shall be elected annually among the members of the PABiH.
The Executive Cоmmittee, among other things, proposing the annual calendar of activities and inform the Secretariat of the GOPAC of it.
Professional and administrative - technical tasks for the GOPAC PABiH shall be performed by the Secretariat of the Parliamentary Assembly of Bosnia and Herzegovina